A strong, tough, high-performing team but highly susceptible to pressure. Also, Kallis is more important to this team than he has ever been - not a very healthy situation for a team seen as one of the favourites.
- Quality of bowling - high pace bowlers.
- Consistent performers.
- Strong Top and Middle order batting.
- Jacques Kallis - the balance he gives the team, and the pressure he absorbs successfully. The world's best ODI player has also absorbed the most pressure for his team right through his career.
- Graeme Smith - the most successful ODI captain amongst the ones on show here.
- Barring Kallis, the team is poor at absorbing pressure - amongst the lowest teams on that count.
- Very average Strike Rate.
- Poor depth in middle/lower order batting - long tail, as per ODI standards.
- No quality spinner - Botha not good enough to be specialist spinner.
- Inadequate big match talent
- Over-dependence on Kallis.