Lot will be depending on their batting. Batsman will have to fire throughout the tournament otherwise the game will easily slip away from them. Their bowling neither looks dangerous no economical, mainly depend on Zaheer and Harbhajan. But in their home soil and on flat tracks they also will go in as a favourite for the cup.
- Key Batsmen: Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni
- Key bowler: Ishant Sharma
- Best team in chasing any total
- Second-best Economy amongst all teams.
- Good combination in experience and bench strength.
- Big match ability (series / tournament-defining talent) amongst the highest.
- Dhoni's pressure-absorbing ability, both as captain & batsman may be a huge asset.
- Young India fielding are best, only Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav some poor on the field.
- Bowling (wickettaking ability is sparser than other teams, though high Economy could make up for that.)
- Consistency is a problem overall.
- Only Dhoni, Kohli and Raina playing experience in Australia and New Zealand.
- No guarantee for defend which total.